Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the contents of the "More Information" Drop-boxes.
APSM: 4-PLY MANDREL-WRAPPED SILICONE HOSE
Low volatile grade, platinum-cured silicone hose, produced in a clean room for critical pharmaceutical, biomedical, cosmetic, and food applications, comprises the core of APSM. The core is then slipped onto a mandrel and wrapped with polyester mesh fabric and additional silicone. It is cured into a homogeneous hose to enhance its pressure capabilities, making it ideal for discharge applications. APSM has undergone extensive physical, chemical, and biological testing and meets USP Class VI, FDA CFR 177.2600, ISO 10993, European Pharmacopoeia 3.1.9, and 3-A standards.
APSM is not intended for implantationand is not to be used for continuous steam applications.
- Low volatile grade silicone suitable for pharmaceutical, biomedical, cosmetic, and food applications
- Core made of NSF 51 listed silicone (National Sanitation Foundation)
- 70A Shore hardness
- Durable and heavy duty, yet flexible
- General temperature range: -100° F (-73.3° C) to 400° F (204.4° C)
- Sterilizable by autoclave, CIP, SIP, and gamma radiation processes
- Resists temperature extremes, compression set, chemical attack, ozone, radiation, moisture, and environmental exposure
- Imparts no taste or odor to critical streams
- Stocked in 12 ft. straight lengths
- Manufactured under good manufacturing procedures in a tightly-controlled environment
- Wrapped in clear polyethylene at manufacture to ensure cleanliness
- Documented lot traceable with identification on bags
- Documented quality control
- Complete validation package available upon request
- Formed elbows (90 or 45 degree) and coils available upon request
- Custom lengths, sizes, colors, special cleaning, and/or packaging available (lead times and minimum order quantities may apply – call for details)
- Available with Nomex® braid construction - call for details